Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well... that didn't work

I was going to write about my wonderful new mount today, the Red Proto-Drake that one receives for completing Glory of the Hero. But that didn't work out. As you can see, I did not get the achievement. So tonights post is going to cover not quite making it.

Last night I was invited to a Battle for Mt. Hyjal raid. None of us knew what the hell we were doing- I mean, absolutely no clue at all. During the boss fights I was going AFK to read the strategies, because, well, we didn't know what the hell to do.

It was a wonderful experience, I mean- damn, the place looked nice and we didn't wipe at all (until the end) but it was confusing as hell. We were ten manning it, most of us were 80 (a 70 lock and a 78 hunter) so we were way overgeared but only four of us were in the vent they had set up. Additionally, none of us knew each other (except the two guys running it) from before so when someone called something out we didn't know who was talking.

We downed three bosses and wiped on the fourth at about 1:30 in the morning so we stopped then and agreed to eventually go back and finish the place.

Today, in my H-Gundrak run, we attempted the Moorabi fight five times. Each time he managed to pop into Mammoth, but the last time he was at about 3% and the dots we had on him killed him. It was saddening, but I'll try again tomorrow and the next day until I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment