Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Good groups

I'm going to continue on my series of PuG pseudo guides. I'm gonna tell some stories, give some tips.

  1. Apologize, but not too much: I've had people apologize for accidently pulling mobs. Thats ok. If they die, and I manage to pick it up and keep everyone else alive- well- they're the one with the repair bill- so I consider it even.
  2. Know who to blame: If the healer dies, its the tank's fault. If the tank dies, its the healer's fault. If the DPS dies, it is their own damn fault.
  3. Explain yourself: If you don't want to skip a boss, let them know why. If you do want to skip a boss, let them know why. Same with achievements, or full clears.
  4. Make (reasonable) suggestions: In today's H-Gundrak (try 24 this week for Less-rabi) the healer shaman asked if I thought I could sustain myself through the boss fight if they went enhancement to DPS the boss. I was pretty sure I could and gave the go-ahead. If I had gotten the achievement, I would say that was why.
  5. Know class trademarks: Knowing certain skills like Heroism, Misdirection, Death Grip, Army of the Dead, Divine Intervention, Tricks of the Trade and others can be very helpful when leading/tanking/healing a pug.
Look! An even five. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment