Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Luck

I can't think of much to write so- short piece today.

Luck is a huge part about WoW. I mean most significantly is drop rates. Like Baron Rivendare's mount. We all want it. But it has a 1% drop chance. To have a 99% chance of getting it you would need to run it well over a 100 times. To get something that looks like a 100% (99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999...%) chance of getting it you would need to run it something on the order of six thousand times.

For raiding you might get hit by an extreme streak of bad luck from the RNG gods. You're healer may not crit for three heals in a row, the tank may fail to block, dodge or parry three consecutive crits from the boss and then the whole raid wipes.

And then in heroics, for achievements, you may get the perfect comp a dozen times in a row, and then not. While I've been working on Less-Rabi, most of the runs I've had for the past week, I think all, except for one, have had a shaman and a mage, both of which are very helpful. This most recent one had neither and we only had two interrupts amongst all of us.

But we must maintain faith with the RNG (random number generation) gods. Yes, they may screw us out of our loot, or our raid, or our achievement, but they may also make it so that you get your loot, and your achievement and you get to keep on raidin.

No comments:

Post a Comment