Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Leveling Guide: The Early Priest 1-20

This came out of nowhere. Also, I apologize for missing my posting time. But it is done. So it is good.

Anyways.

Priests have lotsa healing abilities. Therefore, you would think that they would do well at surviving. I don't agree. Anyways, when you start out, you have Smite and a Heal. By the time you get to 20, you should have a couple other attacks, including Shadow Word: Pain (a dot) and Holy Fire.

Additionally, as a priest you will have Heal, Greater Heal and Lesser Heal. You will have Inner Fire, an ability that grants you a small armor bonus. Power Word: Fortitude is an early catch and grants you extra stamina. Finally, Power Word: Shield gives you a nice absorbing bubble, making you (slightly) more resistant to death.

If you choose to go with Discipline, I would suggest that you start healing at 15. You primarily use your bubble to absorb damage people take, rather than actually healing. I would suggest starting with this spec and filling out Meditation so as to get the mana regen.

I would try to avoid holy to start, because it does not have access to such quality mana regen as Disc does early on. In any case I would suggest this spec.

Finally, if you want to go shadow, be prepared to kill stuff slowly and die alot (at least thats what I did). Also, I would suggest starting with these talents. That specs for a lot of regen and mana efficiency. Also, I'm not sure about the quality of Mind Flay, so you can choose to dump that.

Anywho, best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment