Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

I are tank.

My first toon ever was a tank. He was a feral druid and right now he's sitting in the Menethil Harbor Inn, as he has been for pretty much a year and a half now.

I remember running around as a bear shouting I'm a Tonka Tank!

It amused me so much.

Anyways, I'd like to note that my first 80 was a Paladin, who at the time was ret but has since gone to prot and fell in love with it.

At the moment I'm in the process of leveling four more tanks.

Malkhelm[Ursin]: 74 Blood DK tank.
Nescio[Eredar]: 70 Frost DK tank.
Erthu[Ursin]: 45 Feral Druid tank.
Death*[Eredar]: 20 Feral Druid tank.

All of them have very good ability with AoE tanking. On the druid, I spam swipe. On the DK's I throw out a DnD, the diseases, pestilence and then either normal rotation for Malkhelm or Howling Blast + Blood Boil for Nescio.

It is a wonderful world to be a tank- you're nigh unkillable and you are the one who is in charge of the instance. The only thing that holds you back is the mana pool of your healer.

Tanks, good tanks especially, are a valuable commodity. It never takes me more than a couple of minutes to find a dungeon pug to run with as a tank. I'd like to think as well, that I am a good tank and I have been complimented on my ability a few times.

Anyways, I'd like to share a few important things from the tanks perspective.
  1. You yank it, you tank it. Don't pull stuff when the tank isn't ready.
  2. If the Healer dies, its the Tank's fault. If the Tank dies, its the Healer's fault. If the DPS dies, its their own damn fault.
  3. Only healers and paladin tanks can call a water break. Everyone should just sit down and and watch them go on.
  4. Don't AoE until the tank has done AoE. Because then you have threat.
  5. Don't use a 'tanking' form. For example, don't turn on Defensive Stance, Righteous Fury, Bear Form or Frost presence. This skyrockets your threat and doesn't do anything at all for your dps. So don't.


*His name is spelled with fancy characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment